Level 6.2 is divided into 6 Units:
At Level 6, the learner will be able to:
* Use productive and receptive skills to engage in all types of sustained interactions containing complex language
* Use and understand complex language, and maintain fluency, grammatical accuracy and coherence in sustained contributions
* Use and understand an extensive range of complex vocabulary, including technical language and complex grammatical structures
* Understand sustained signed discourse containing complex language
8 topics are covered in Level 6, these are:
- Employment and Business
- Politics and Law
- Science and Technology
- 6ASS1 Informal 1 to 1 discussion - To achieve this unit the student will complete a live observation/filmed clip. The aim of the one-to-one discussion is to demonstrate that the candidate can use persuasive language effectively. This will be internally assessed.
- 6ASS2 Informal group debate - To achieve this unit the student will engage in a informal group debate. The aim of the debate is to demonstrate that the candidate can pursue a consistent line of reasoning (either for or against) using evidence from the candidates research. This will be internally assessed.
- 6ASS3 Formal group meeting - To achieve this unit the student will engage in a formal group meeting. The aim of the meeting is to demonstrate that the candidate can use language appropriately to negotiate a deal or agreement. This will be internally assessed.
- 6ASS4 Formal critical discussion - To achieve this unit the student will take part in a one-to-one formal critical discussion with the candidate’s teacher-assessor. The aim of the discussion is to demonstrate that the candidate can use appropriate language to analyse the arguments for and against the debate in question, doing so the candidate will discuss their own views, supported by evidence from research during their course. Topic of discussion will be set by Signature and will be externally assessed.
- 6ASS5 Formal presentation - To achieve this unit the student will take part in a filmed clip. The aim of the presentation is to demonstrate that the candidate can critically analyse a specific topic and can produce a clear line of argument that is supported by their research. The presentation must include an introduction, body and conclusion. Topic of discussion will be set by Signature and will be externally assessed.
- 6ASS6 Receptive skills exam - To achieve this unit students will watch a two-way conversation. Questions will be signed to the candidate in between each part. The candidate will then film his/her signed answers to the camera.
The assessments include video recorded conversation and presentation with a qualified BSL teacher. All assessment fees are included in the course price.
Assessments can be face to face or online via Zoom.
Successful candidates will be awarded a Level 6 certificate in BSL, issued by ‘Signature’.